1277 Bay Street
Marrying an extraordinarily elegant 6BD/6.5BA Tudor-style home with Alameda’s only privately owned indoor swimming pool, 1277 Bay is an address and a lifestyle like none other. This verdant and sumptuous property, exquisitely situated in the heart of Alameda’s coveted Gold Coast, represents the pinnacle of refinement and spa-like luxury.
This property’s crown jewel is its glorious indoor pool and pool house, nestled behind tropical plants and winding terraces just a few steps beyond the main house. The phenomenal cathedral-ceilinged structure brims with elegance: bathed in light and tiled in pale stone, with sitting areas, greenery on every side, a built-in sound system, rows of skylights, an open kitchen, a full bath, a private outdoor hot tub, and many other wonderful amenities, this jaw-dropping retreat must be experienced to be believed.
This residence abounds in sophisticated and eye-catching aesthetic flourishes. Inside the main house, Carrara marble, oak hardwood, and diamond-paned leaded-glass windows unite the rooms in spectacular fashion. Many of the rooms boast hand-carved marble fireplaces, each subtly different from the others, and much of the flooring, walls, and counters throughout the house are marble. The stunningly beautiful windows make the house sparkle in the dappled afternoon light.
The breathtakingly spacious private owner’s suite is a true showstopper: Bathed in grandeur, with pristine marble floors, a marble fireplace, skylights, a vaulted ceiling, a wall of diamond-paned windows, a huge marble bathroom, and a well-appointed walk-in closet, it is the apotheosis of luxury. No element has been spared.
A host of thoughtful details brings delight and an element of playful surprise to each and every room. Several of the bedrooms have generous sitting areas and enchanting features, such as the French doors opening onto the private back garden from the spacious ground-level en-suite bedroom. The open chef’s kitchen springs to life with a bright and cheery greenhouse window, a 6-burner Wolf gas range with built-in griddle, and a brand-new SubZero refrigerator. The top floor boasts a thoughtfully designed potential au-pair unit that includes a large en-suite bedroom and a separate studio room with its own convenient sink. Architectural details and impeccably constructed built-in shelving and cabinetry abound.
With its astonishing pool and pool house, spacious and elegant living space, and exquisite attention to detail, 1277 Bay is a luxurious world apart in what is arguably the most coveted block in the City of Alameda. We warmly invite you to experience this sumptuous home.
Highlights at a Glance:
- Sublime luxury property featuring a 6BD/6.5BA Tudor-style house and rare private indoor swimming pool in its own palatial cathedral-ceilinged building complete with kitchen and full bath
- +/-5000 square-foot residence on a beautifully landscaped +/-8500-square-foot lot
- Exquisite custom-built home and separate pool house on a verdant private parcel surrounded by Japanese maples, podocarpus trees, tropical palms, and lush hedges
- Outdoor patios and garden hot tub
- Palatial vaulted-ceilinged owner’s suite with sumptuous marble bath, three sinks, instant hot water, large marble double shower with steam, walk-in closet, skylights, full-length diamond-paned windows, and marble wood-burning fireplace
- Eat-in chef’s kitchen featuring 6-burner dual-oven Wolf gas range with flat-top griddle, Miele dishwasher, new SubZero refrigerator, dual-compartment porcelain enamel sink, greenhouse window above sink, additional Gaggenau convection oven, and granite counter and table tops
- Marble flooring, counters, walls, and hand-carved fireplaces throughout
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Formal dining room with French doors opening to the back garden and marble-countered bar with sink, rear mirrored wall, and folding doors
- Formal living room with floor-to-ceiling diamond-paned windows and built-in shelves and cabinets, hand-carved marble wood-burning fireplace, and built-in window divan
- Spacious en-suite bedroom on ground level opening directly onto private back garden
- French doors off the formal dining room open onto private back terrace area
- Custom landscaping with lush tropical microclimate in hidden back-garden area
- Private covered outdoor front terrace with stone fountains, ceiling lights, stone pillars, and beautiful palm and bamboo plantings
- Spectacular temperature- and humidity-controlled pool house with Nana folding doors, push-button retractable safety pool cover, non-chlorine pool with no chemical odor, and industrial-quality air-conditioning system
- Spacious laundry room with Maytag Energy-Star washer, Maytag high-efficiency dryer, and ample built-in cabinets
- Potential au-pair unit on top level that includes a large en-suite bedroom and separate studio room with its own convenient sink
- Security and intercom system enabling you to see whomever is at the front gate from the main house and the pool house and to interact with and buzz guests in from every floor and from the pool house
- Internet-enabled security camera in pool house
- Multi-zone heating and air conditioning
- Bedroom and hall closets throughout, including several walk-in closets
- 2-vehicle carport and ample street parking
- Conveniently situated in Alameda’s Gold Coast near downtown Oakland, the Alameda/San Francisco ferry, I-880, and the Webster Street Tube
- House built in 1970; upper levels added in 1990; pool house completed in 2004
1277 Bay is a truly spectacular setting for an extraordinary life. Sumptuous in its grandeur and luxurious in its appointments, it perfectly embodies the resplendent beauty of the Gold Coast.